[stylist] Today's writing

Barbara Hammel poetlori8 at msn.com
Thu May 17 21:13:34 UTC 2012

I shall try Anne--is it Lammet--the "Bird By Bird" author's idea of writing
at least 300 words a day.  Don't know how I'll accomplish this because I'm
not really a doodler.  I have greatly enjoyed her book but am sad to realize
I'll not be much of a writer because I have no sense of humor.  LOL!
Seriously, I do need to lighten up, though.  My friends would all tell you
that I'm not the kind to shoot the breeze with but if you want deep
conversation, I'm your girl.
Maybe that's why my poetry is so, what Bridgit calls whimsical.
I have so enjoyed the writings contributed on this list because they are so
varied and are fresh voices.
Now what I need to work on is really how to critique someone's work instead
of just telling them I like it or it's cute.
Does one accomplish this by just saying how the piece could ring more true
for you if only you'd just ...
Barbara

Poetry is an echo, asking a shadow to dance. -- Carl Sandburg