[stylist] PDF

Bridgit Pollpeter bpollpeter at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 13 08:25:32 UTC 2012

If the PDF has not been properly tagged, it will not be readable with a
screenreader. Essentially, the PDF is recognized as a picture or graphic
and screenreaders will therefore not read it, though I think JAWS 13 has
the ability to say what a graphic is. If I'm right about this, I still
don't believe it will read a improperly tagged PDF. In this situation,
if you are able, you can print off the PDF then scan it back into your
computer. This will work, but not always a guarantee it will scan 100%,
though if you have an updated scanning program, in my experience, it
works pretty well.

Sincerely,
Bridgit Kuenning-Pollpeter
Read my blog at: