[stylist] Learning Project Writing Plays

Chris Kuell ckuell at comcast.net
Fri Nov 23 00:05:09 UTC 2012

Hey Keitei,

Thanks for sharing your script so far. My first comment is that I was
disappointed it ended! I was getting into it, and yet it isn't finished. It
strikes me as a solid start, and obviously covers a deep, important topic. I
did see a couple of minor typos, and I wondered why, in act 2, Angel needed
to toss the rock at Catharine's window, since Angel had already called on
the phone. My other comment is that I'd like to see more character
development, although if this is a 5 or even 10 minute play, there's not a
lot of time for that. You might want to make it longer.

On a side note, yet related to your play and the youtube video you sent,
have you ever seen 'Dog Sees God'? I went to see it last spring at our
community theatre, and it was probably the most powerful show I've ever
seen. At our theatre, they ended with the actors reading bios of young
people who have committed suicide over being bullied about their sexual
orientation. I don't think a single person in the audience or on stage
wasn't crying when they finished. It's a tragedy that quite simply has to
stop.

Thanks for sharing,

chris