[stylist] Robert's gratitude submission

Bridgit Pollpeter bpollpeter at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 27 21:09:56 UTC 2012

While in most situations a mentor would probably have to prove in some
way why they have the ability to mentor, this provoker isn't necessarily
meant to focus on this aspect. It's also implied these mentors are
qualified since they are actually mentoring. As I said about flash
fiction, details like this are often implied since you can't include
everything in FF.

Also, just a little question. Does anyone actually touch faces? I have
never done this except with babies, and in this situation only because
it's so cute to feel their little features. It's something I did as a
sighted person too. It's such a common stereotype that I assume it must
be done, or at some point in time it was done, but I've yet to meet a
blind person who actually touches faces. And I find it useless when
trying it. It doesn't give me any indication of what a face looks like
other than knowing skin texture and perhaps something distinguishable
like a large nose or high forehead. I just end up with an abstract idea
of a face. This is a sincere  question, so please don't read anything
into this. Just curious.

Sincerely,
Bridgit Kuenning-Pollpeter
Read my blog at: