[stylist] writing prompts, welcome, and facebook

Ashley Bramlett bookwormahb at earthlink.net
Sun Oct 28 21:50:49 UTC 2012

Chris,
Good post. All, if the hurricane hits, stay safe. We have supplies on hand
for a power outage.
I'd welcome a writing prompt. I enjoy other's writings and even saved them
on my
computer. I am very busy with school, so I cannot promise to write much
about posts; I just got a project for public relations to do. Plus, finals
will come before I know it.

As to facebook, I am with you. I don't think Robert was saying the list
would move to facebook, but rather facebook would be a supplement. Like you,
if interactions go to facebook, I will not join in. I'm on a number of email
lists and can hardly keep up with that. It’s a time killer sifting through
email especially when people do not change subject lines making it hard to
separate interesting email from noninteresting email.
So, I read email on weekends time permitting. I read and respond to time
sensative email daily though, but cannot read list email like this
regularly; people generally change subject lines here, but on other lists
they don't. Anyway, I'm saying I like interaction with virtual friends, but
I don't think I have time to use facebook. Its harder to navigate with a
screen reader. While I will set up an account, I think I'm keeping lists out
of it.
I will share personal stuff and will use facebook more for chatting with
friends and family.
Who has time to navigate facebook? I mean I went to it already and saw its
so graphical and when I tried to set up an account,  I noticed you have to
enter a visual verification called a captua I think.
So, talk about an accessibility issue! I will have to grab a sighted person
to set up an account and then try utilizing facebook.
I really hope all Robert meant was that facebook would supplement our lists.
Ashley