[stylist] writing prompts, welcome, and facebook

Aine Kelly-Costello ainekc at slingshot.co.nz
Sun Oct 28 23:21:25 UTC 2012

Thanks for the welcome Chris

Regarding Facebook - a couple things ...
Firstly, I don't think anyone wanted to get rid of this e-mail
list, only to create a Facebook group as a supplement.  I've
watched this happen on (at least) 2 other lists I can think of
right now and it's worked reasonably well in that Facebook will
attract some more people that this list won't and vice versa so
there's no need to be on both, even though quite a few people
probably will be.
Secondly, I think it would make more sense to make a closed group
(which in Fb's terminology means a group where to join, either
the admin has to approve the request or a current group member
has to add you), rather than a page as for one person with adding
friends, if that's what was meant by a "private page"?

With respect to the writing prompts: yeah I'd be willing to give
it a go for sure but it will definitely depend on how busy I am
as it probably does for many of us.  Even if one month a prompt
for whatever reason only inspires one person-I think that's still
worth it right? :) Of course more participation means more fun
though, so I'd say we should all attempt to make a commitment to
at least writing every 2nd or 3rd one.

And I hope this hurricane doesn't cause too much havoc, stay safe
guys.  :)

Aine