[stylist] Two of my Favorite Things

Lynda Lambert llambert at zoominternet.net
Mon Aug 26 15:43:47 UTC 2013

I have been working on a new website - I moved from Blogger dot com, to WordPress dot com - after talking with some folks here who are on WordPress. A writer friend  gave me some tips, and hooked me up with a tech person who is helping me now. I am also going to be building two websites soon. One will be for my ART life  and the other will be for my WRITING life.

Meanwhile, I have transférer all my blogs to the new site. If you would like to read my first post, I will give you the web address to access it:
http://lyndalambert.com/wordpress/?page_id=8

And, here is the copy and paste version for you if you would like to read it here. Below, I have interested my first blog on the site, "Two of my Favorite Things" as an introduction to me and the new readers who will be finding my blog. There are two photos in the text, so I hope you can just skip over them if you are using a screen reader.

Be sure to leave me a message or sign up to get updates on future posts, if you want them. Thanks. Lynda

Quote Below:

Two of My Favorite Things

Let's Get Acquainted

I wanted to introduce myself to my new audience on WordPress.

I think this is a good way to do that!

~ TWO of my Favorite Things ~

Books

I savor the books by authors who challenge or uplift my mind and leave a residue of wonder behind long after I read the final page. I close that book with regret that it has come to the end.

I treasure the books that have fully developed characters. The characters become living people who transcende the ordinary and mundane and leave an impression on the reader.

Books take me to places I have never been. They take me to places I will never be going in person. They take me into their world where I meet individuals who each have something to share with me personally. I see them, listen to them, and I have communication with them, if the book is well written by a sensitive and honest author.

I created a library room in my home.

 It's devoted to books and reading.

My personal library is a place of solitude and peace.

In addition to the shelves filled with actual books, it is also where I read my audio books.  I am visually impaired and cannot read an actual book any longer.

For me, this is the perfect place to spend the hours of a winter day. It is warm and comforting and time stands still here in the library.

LETTERS
A personal hand written letter from a friend is a gift that arrives in the mailbox.

A letter has heft to it.  It just feels good in the hand as I pick it up. A hand written letter is a delight, and I am instantly in conversation with the person who has taken the time and patience to write the letter.

A letter lives on long after it has been read. It can be tucked away and kept for future readers to enjoy long after the person who initially received it as departed. A letter can be a measure of time and place and give insight into a world that has changed.  We can know of the lives of other people who lived long ago, through the letters they wrote and the letters that they received. Entire biographies can be pieced together through the reading of letters left behind by someone.

Through a letter we can share our thoughts and communicate with someone we care about in a way is unique and timeless.  Because I can WRITE an ACTUAL LETTER because I have a CCTV, I love to send off little surprise notes and cards to people I love.