[stylist] To ponder- to take to another level

Donna Hill penatwork at epix.net
Sun Feb 10 19:44:57 UTC 2013

Bridgit,
I had to laugh a bit, because we just got in from a photo session for the
cover of my novel. It's going to have a photo of a hand holding a blue,
glass heart superimposed in the corner of a photo of an underground pond
with stalactites that are reflected in the water. Last spring, we went to
Luray Caverns in Virginia and Rich took the basic picture of their
reflecting pool just because it was beautiful. That gave me the idea,
because there's an underground lake in the book and a legendary heart-shaped
blue sapphire is hidden there. I got the idea of using the reflecting pool
shot and overlaying a blue glass paperweight, which was given to me decades
ago by a friend.  So, having an image of how I wanted the hand and stone to
look, I was giving my sighted husband, the gifted photographer, directions.
As a kid, I enjoyed taking photos. I found that I could see a photo better
than looking at it in person, because more of it fit in my field of vision.
Donna