[stylist] I'm new, and looking for input on marketing my historical fiction novel

Bridgit Pollpeter bpollpeter at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 1 20:22:08 UTC 2013

Chris,

If you send me info about your novel and where to purchase it, I can put
it in the spring issue of Slate & Style. I'm the editor, and S & S is
the Writers' division's publication.

You seem to have an online presence already, but this is probably the
biggest and most popular way in which to market publications these days.
Websites to social networks, you need to be online. Donna is also
correct in that if you have been published elsewhere, say journals and
magazines, publishers and editors will be more likely to consider your
longer work.

There may be places giving blind writers preference, but I'm not sure
how broad their readership may be. It's perfectly fine to seek places
giving preference to blind people or people with disabilities, but
consider your audience, and if you intend for a broader audience, I
would still pursue other routes.

Sincerely,
Bridgit Kuenning-Pollpeter, editor, Slate & Style
Read my blog at:

"If we discover a desire within us that nothing in this world can
satisfy, we should begin to wonder if perhaps we were created for
another world."
C. S. Lewis

essage: 1