[stylist] Poem for Nebraska friends

Lynda Lambert llambert at zoominternet.net
Thu Mar 28 17:11:55 UTC 2013

I have been sifting through all my poems and organizing them, and trying to
figure out which ones need to be put onto the computer - found this one, and
others from our trip west in Sept. 1991. I had just finished up my MFA
degree, went for the summer to Europe as a gift to myself for achieving this
goal, and then came back to PA, packed up my little 300ZX sports car, and we
left for CA. We rode a lot of the way with the T-top out of the car. We
stopped a lot along the way, enjoying the roadside attractions. All the
while, I am writing, writing, writing. Trying to catch all the details I
could with my senses - to later make the poem. I think I actually wrote the
poem initially as we drove, and then I did the revisions later on. It has
been published a couple of times.

Lynda