[stylist] my next project

Chris Kuell ckuell at comcast.net
Thu Dec 18 18:33:26 UTC 2014

Hi Julie,

Congrats again on your first book publication. And I'm not surprised that you are ready to go on to your next project. Personally, I like the marriage and relationship book idea. But, I'd suggest that the book not be about blindness or a blind partner, but rather focus on overcoming challenges, and creating an equality environment, which every relationship/marriage eventually deals with. There will be curveballs, and you need to know how to not get hurt by them. And, many relationships aren't equal, meaning one person feels like they do more, which always causes resentment and problems. This might be especially true for a person with a disability. However, it needen't be that way. In my house, for example, it's just easier for my sighted wife to do the food shopping. Sure, I can and have done it, but it's easier for her to do it. So while she's out doing that, I'm doing laundry or mopping the kitchen floor or scrubbing out the bathroom shower--jobs that I can do well, and help the household run smoother.

Anyway, your blindness will obviously be a part of such a book, but all relationships have their ups and downs, and I'm sure you can write a helpful book on ideas for dealing with them.

Good luck,

Chris