[stylist] A New Prompt, LONGISH

Debby Phillips semisweetdebby at gmail.com
Sun Aug 2 23:48:01 UTC 2015

Jackie, as I read the last poem, my body seemed to cry out for
that kind of massage.  With everything I'm involved in, and with
my own intensity of feeling, living, etc.  I am truly in need of
something like that.  And silence! I long for the silence of a
contemplative monastery, not just the absence of intrusive noise,
but the silence of prayer, the silence of God's Presence, the
silence of time passing, and yet, not.  By not, I mean that the
prayers of the monks follow a rhythm of time all their own.  Day
in and day out, the monks pray their prayers, for the world, for
their fellow monks....     Debby