[stylist] cinquaines

EvaMarie Sanchez 3rdeyeonly at gmail.com
Mon Aug 10 18:20:17 UTC 2015

Thank you. I did not know about the title thing obviously.
For smile being one syllable, that makes me smile. We already had this
discussion somewhere in here. I know the rules that say it is one syllable,
but it brought me back to a Braille lesson. We were discussing contractions
and specifically the ones that are not used at a syllable break, yet I was
finding the rule broken time and again.
That type of thing gets to me, I am picky as well. So I could not let it
drop and started my own exploration of syllables. I learned of the soft
syllable versus the hard syllable. And then here on Stylist we had further
conversations about pronouceation and dialects. There were many people who
pronounce smile with two syllables and many who use only one.
I understand the rule and the need to follow the rule, but I found all of
the discussion and further learning, fascinating. We think we are all
speaking the same language, but are we really?
It makes me smie-all.
Eve

 President, National Federation of the Blind Northern Arizona
President, National Federation of the Blind Writers' Division
Committee Chair, Arizona Association of Guide Dog Users
Affiliate Member, National Federation of the Blind Legislative Committee
Affiliate Member, National Federation of the Blind Membership Committee
Member, Slate & Style Editing Team

"You do not need to have vision to see the stars."