[stylist] sharing

Bridgit Kuenning-Pollpeter bkpollpeter at gmail.com
Wed Aug 19 13:00:11 UTC 2015

Sem,

I realize a lot now about myself and the world, but it took a long time for
me to see beyond what I was told growing up. I love my mom, and we are cool
now, but we had a rocky time really until I moved out of their house at 23.
And the comment about law school is by far not the worse thing my mom ever
said to me, smile. She also told me I wasn't good enough as a vocalist or
actor to make it, even though plenty of others, including professionals said
I was, but for a very long time, it was Mom's approval I sought. My mom had
a rough marriage, and though my parents have stuck it out, it wasn't always
the greatest relationship. Being the oldest, I have often been the scapegoat
for both my parents, but especially my mom. I have accepted a lot of things
now, and in some weird way, I get why she was and is the way she is, but it
makes me sad we never had, and never will have, a great mother/daughter
relationship.

Bridgit