[stylist] was re childrens books

Semirhage severus13 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 22 06:23:10 UTC 2015

Hi Vejus,
I have a very good friend who was bullied in catholic school. In elementary
and in highschool. Probably in-between too but those are the times I hear
about.
As for parents, I think it's good for a writer to write what they know, but
I personally also enjoy incorporating stepping outside the box. It was
fascinating for me, in my 2nd fantasy novel to write about a dark wizard who
was constantly beaten by his stepfatehr as a child and how it hardened him
toward people. He reformed, but just seeing the impact was fascinating to me
as well as exhilarating that I could understand/write bout it not having had
an abusive childhood. Not to say my mom didn't ever pop me a good one, and I
never took it well, but I was by no way beaten or abused. So yeah...it's
interesting to write about all sorts of relationships. Most of my characters
have close relationships to their parents if said parents are still alive
but there are some that re sort of indifferent and some not so close.

I don't think parents can protect their kids or give them the perfect life
really, though the wish was sweet on your part. I think it just helps  them
not to understand the real world and the child can totally flounder when he
or she can't cope with a problem that comes along that mommy or daddy can't
fix. I believe that part of the reason my brother is dead is that my mom
enabled him all of his adult life and never let him grow up. So he had a
hard time and made bad choices when she couldn't hold his hand. Sadly I
don't know how much she learned from it. Funny I'm the youngest and the most
independent. I don't blame mom really. It's my theory and can never be
proven, but I do think that parents who give their kids a totally easy road
have kids that don't understand how real life works and struggle with it.
I've seen it with my older friend's daughter too and I've had other people
say similar things from their experiences.
Sem