[stylist] Looking for ideas on good children's books- LeftBehind

Bridgit Kuenning-Pollpeter bkpollpeter at gmail.com
Sun Aug 23 19:25:40 UTC 2015

Sem,

You make an incredibly great point. I say this only from a scholastic view,
but most Christian groups, as well as Muslim, to be fair, believe their
religion to be the only true one. No other religion before or after is true,
and any God other than their's is a false one. So that's why these religions
can discredit every other religion. This is a tenant of these faiths. I do
not say this with any tone or attitude or agenda, simply stating facts,
nothing more or less.

Personally, I enjoy learning about religions and having intelligent debates
on religion, but it's very difficult to leave emotions out of religious
discussions for most, and I totally get that. When you have convictions
about something, typically it's rooted deep within you, and it's natural to
want to defend. And while I think it's good to keep an open mind and be
willing to hear and consider a different view, it's also okay to believe
what you believe and stay true to yourself.

In many ways, this discussion is similar to what many of us feel and believe
about Federation philosophy. Most us Federationist have been questioned,
debated and accused for our progressive position on blindness. "Knowing"
what we know and believing what we believe, we don't understand how people
can see it any other way. Many a hot debate has happened over blindness
philosophy. In fact, it's a big disagreement causing a great schism between
the two major blindness organizations.

Bridgit