[stylist] question about terminology

Vejas Vasiliauskas alpineimagination at gmail.com
Tue Feb 10 23:58:05 UTC 2015

Hi,
Thanks for these replies, they were very informative.
The thing I don't quite understand, though, is why American
teachers/editors would have such a problem with it.  I will
continue to write it the American way for all my assignments, but
it just seems odd to me that they would dislike it.  If I write
the word labour, for example, then I would think that they would
automatically know that it is just another way to write labor.
Plus, we have access to all of the same online news sources and
sites that people in the UK have access to, so it's not like
people wouldn't know what they mean.  And I think they also speak
this way in Australia as well.
This is definitely a very interesting topic, especially as I want
to be an English teacher myself.
Vejas