[stylist] Wondering if anyone has thoughts on blindness and independant vacation travel?

Semirhage severus13 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 12 11:24:04 UTC 2015

The introvert topic inspired this line of thought so I thought I'd bring it up here to see if anyone had experiences that could be useful.
My husband and I are both visually impaired but he's got better vision than I do. Still neither are of us are comfortable going to Greece or Hungary or any of the other places we'd like to visit alone or without having a friend who lives there or something to meet up with. IT just seems so daunting traveling there alone  without knowing anything. Granted we wander around town here and find new stores and restaurants all the time, but that's different somehow.At least we have some basic idea of where things are I suppose and we're not on a limited time frame as we'd be when on vacation.
We're going on a cruse instead as a friend of ours told us that we can travel in a group at each stop that way. We'll feel more at ease that way and also like we're not missing everything. LOL. So just wondering if there were any other thoughts or experiences on this. I know the ideal trip would be to go with other sighted friends, but they're not usually ready to go when we are or to the same place. LOL.
Sem