[stylist] Romance and Appeal of faraway Places

Chris Kuell ckuell at comcast.net
Mon Jul 20 16:54:31 UTC 2015

Hi Chelsea,

I was originally a mid-western flatlander, but have lived in New England now
for longer than you've been alive, and I know this is where I belong.
Perhaps my age and cynicism have tarnished my views, but I've visited
California several times, and agree that it's quite beautiful in places, and
unique all over. But the cost of living is astronomical, and I'm a big fan
of water, of which they are greatly lacking. Yes, there are havens of
techies, but you can find that in hundreds of places across this great land.
Or, as close as your keyboard.

To me, the more important issues are cultural and attitudinal. There is
definitely a west coast vibe, which is different from the other areas of our
country. When you can, you should check it out for a week or two, and see
how it fits.

Chris