[stylist] Portland

Bridgit Kuenning-Pollpeter bkpollpeter at gmail.com
Mon Jul 27 17:38:47 UTC 2015

Yes, there's different sub-genres of scream music, grin. Everything from
shouting as you sing to flat-out screaming like a cat caught in a blender,
LOL! Not for everyone. Personally, I don't mind a little shouting here and
there, but the full-on screams, not my cup of tea. Especially when every
chord is screaming. I like some rhythm and harmony and chord structure in my
music. It may take talent to scream like this, but to me, it's not pretty on
the ears, smile. It's a whole counter-culture thing that developed in the
70's with punk and rock, but punk in particular. The 80's saw it's share of
this music, but it really grew in the 90's, especially the late 90's. I'm a
product of the 80's and 90's, but I just can't get into the full-on
screaming. As a trained vocalist, it's grating to me, LOL!

Bridgit