[stylist] Writing List Trends

Joanne Alongi queenofbells at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 31 03:45:00 UTC 2015

List, I'mbut I'd like to make an observation. I've noticed in the past few weeks this list is discussing guide dogs and cities and magic and wickan and negative enrgy and such, not subjects that I'm aware of have anything to do with writing and style. My understanding is that this is a list devoted to writing topics. If that rule has changed perhaps I'm not aware of it. I honestly do not want to take time out of my busy day to delete threads that I don't have any particular interests in reading. This is why I do not belong to many email lists. I thought I could make an exeption here. But, I'm finding more and more that I'm not willing to do that. If people post poetry and stories for critique and these subjects come up in discussion that is ok. But, I got fifty emails yesterday on this list that didn't have much to do with writing.

I understand that the division communicates by email. I also understand that we are giving the messages subject titles, and so I also know that I can delete what I don't want to read. I also know I really don't want to take the time to do that especially since I'm using my iPHone as my computer these days and that's not always the easiest thing to do.

I also just want to point out that it seems like we're getting off the writing topic lately and wanted to bring it to your attention. I don't say much, but if I'm on the board I'm going to make my opinion known from time to time.

So, please, write as much as you like, discuss it, and my suggestion is if you want to discuss these other things please make a list for it. Now, if that rule has changed and I'm not aware of it I'll be happy to sign off the list.

Thank you.

shelley Queen of Bells out Sent from my iPhone