[stylist] New member, well old member returning

Bridgit Kuenning-Pollpeter bkpollpeter at gmail.com
Thu Oct 6 02:53:33 UTC 2016

Tessa and all,

I attended Creative Nonfiction's Creative Nonfiction Writers conference this
summer. An indie publisher who presented, gave us some stats on
self-publishing. Here they are:

About 500,000 titles are self-published a year. Of these, about 95% have
errors in the writing/editing, design, marketing and promotion. Of those
self-published, 90% are not making money, and the 10% who are, it's a
nominal amount. While it happens, it's not common for self-published authors
to be picked up by traditional publishers, at least not in current market.

These are things to consider when self-publishing. It has its pros and cons,
like anything.

Bridgit