[stylist] NanoWrimo

Miss Thea thearamsay at rogers.com
Wed Oct 26 20:32:30 UTC 2016

Yes, it's that time again.
I encourage everyone to get involved.
It's a lot of fun.
Thea

-----Original Message-----
From: Tessa via stylist
Sent: Wednesday, October 26, 2016 7:44 AM
To: stylist at nfbnet.org
Cc: Tessa
Subject: [stylist] {Spam?} Re: What are you Reading Right Now?

Hi all
I just finished reading the book Powerless by Tim Washburn, I have to say I
was quite disappointed. The story premise is that the sun emits a massive
electro-magnetic pulse which strikes the northern hemosphere creating world
wide or at least northern hemosphere wide devistation. I enjoy reading so
called appocolypse fiction other than the zombie appocolypse, perhaps
someone can explain why the undead have suddenly become so popular. But that
being said, the author thanks his agent and editors at the publisher but
personally the writing leaves a bit to be desired, one quarter of one
chapter is in first person, which is really weird since the whole rest of
the book is in third. The author follows the stories of several very
different people which is very interesting but in at least one case he
brings up a scenerio and then leaves us literally hanging. He has a second
book Cataclysm about the super volcano under Yellowstone, Harry Turtledove
did an excellent super volcano pair of books, I don't know if I want to read
Washburn's, on the other hand LOL I figure even bad writing can teach me
something, like what not to do. I find so much missing in this book.
Nanowrimo is coming, perhaps I'll just have to write my own LOL.
Tessa