[stylist] Using Names of People You Know When Writing

Vejas Vasiliauskas alpineimagination at gmail.com
Thu Oct 27 19:55:24 UTC 2016

Hi,
One of my friends once told me that it violates copyright to  use the names of people you know in your writing, so it would not be legal if I wanted to write a story with characters named Bridgit, Chris, Jackie and Lynda, for example. Do you know  if this is true?
I know that if I actually wanted to write about a writing group similar to Stylist and have characters similar to yours, I would change the names.
Vejas