[stylist] Having Friends Read your Work

Vejas Vasiliauskas alpineimagination at gmail.com
Sun Aug 13 01:10:06 UTC 2017

Hi All,
One of my writing friends (sighted so not on the list) and I were
talking along the subject of sharing your stories with friends,
to critique or read, and I'm just curious on all your thoughts.
On a few occasions I have sent some writing to friends who
express an interest in seeing it, but then, understandably life
gets in the way and they never get around to reading it.  I was
talking about this with my friend and she was saying that what
she would do is check once a week for a few weeks to see if they
have read it yet, but after several times of doing this to just
stop asking, pretend they never saw it, and move on.
What are your thoughts on sharing writing with friends?
Thanks,
Vejas