[stylist] Names and Editing

David Russell david.sonofhashem at gmail.com
Thu Jul 20 01:19:45 UTC 2017

Hello Writers,
First, I am not certain if my earlier message made it through or not
but if it didn't, I want to apologize to Bridgit for getting her name
wrong when replying to her reply this afternoon concerning Four Steps
to Finding Voice. We do agree on the particulars of dialogue.

Moving on, I would like to invite discussion on the matter of editing.

For those who publish manuscripts that may be book-length, do you use
the services of a qualified professional who may be with a given
association, or some other alternative?

What kind of communication guidelines do you have in place?  For
example, how often might you connect over the project at hand?

I am currently producing an anthology and have an editor who is a
writing acquaintance remote to me. We have worked well together, and
allowances were made from the outset for some personal things
occurring on their end in exchange for a flat rate for all services. I
would not recommend this in the future.

Cheers,
--
David Russell
david.sonofhashem at gmail.com
Character consists of what you do on the third and fourth tries.
James A. Michener