[Stylist] organizing poetry

Jackie jackieleepoet at cox.net
Fri Jun 14 22:04:10 UTC 2019

Barbara,
I have been taught that Blank Verse, is not Free! I can send you a big long article explaining this, but I will just say, keep it simple. It is not rhymed, and it is most always in iambic pentameter.
I will attach one of mine that was a prize winner so you can check the meter yourself.
I am in deep trouble now because I saved my poetry in so many ways. Example: alphabetical, by subject, by line length, by traditional, by form, by contest, published, not published, and now, because I always seem to make changes in a poem when I hear it again, I forget to change it in all of the files. Sometimes I even change the title. Now I have a mess when I have to search for a poem. Late in the game, I am learning to date everything in the file name.
I hope this helps.
I hope you can open my attachment. If I cut and paste, it will change the line length.
Good luck.
Jacqueline Williams

Clarity is just questioning having eaten its fill.
     Jenny Xie