[Stylist] Writing at night

Barbara HAMMEL poetlori8 at msn.com
Tue Oct 22 03:32:10 UTC 2019

I have a notetaker plugged in right next to my bed. History has taught me that if I try keeping the idea till morning I will forget it, or if I do remember it, it will be a faded image of the original idea. LOL! Now can anyone tell why, for the past week I have been dreaming about eating food when that has never been a thing I dream about? And cookies seem to be the obsession, strangely. The other night, in my dream, my husband asked if I wanted a cookie and I told him no and the funniest thing about that was right after that happened woke up to use the bathroom and I woke up and told him about the dream. The next night I dreamed about eating chicken and mashed potatos and green beans and applesauce but while eating it I was thinking about how I'd eat the left-over speghetti for the next meal. Huh? This morning I woke up eating frosted sugar cookies. This is just too weird. (Ok, this got us totally off topic thought I'd share. :) In my intimate circle it is well-known that I have CRAZY dreams.)
Barbara Hammel