[Stylist] From Jewel: new story

Jewel jewelblanch at kinect.co.nz
Fri Jul 24 02:35:09 UTC 2020

The following story is similar to that of Sampson, its predecessor, in that it came from nowhere and just settled itself in

my mind.  The basic storyline was there, all I had to do was to pad it oute

-------------------------

             The Judge

The judge, a long, cadaverous personage, entered his court room, and after having glanced, firstly, at the jury and then at

the few spectators, mainly friends/enemies of the accused and the other, he suspected,  took his place in his chair.
The reason for the trial was given by the clerk of the court and then there was a period of silence which, obviously

discombobulated his worship.
Eventually, turning to the public persecutor,
he asked if that gentleman intended to open the case?  to which question, that gentleman replied that he had nothing to

say.
"really!!!  are you sure?  asked the judge, to which the persecutor said that he was!!!
"Well!  in that case, I have no option but to dismiss the case and, turning to the jury, he thanked them for their time,

which, he apologised had been wasted, and wished them a "good morning".
The judge, followed by the clerk of the court returned to his chambers and throwing off his gown, he revealed a pair of

very ancient trousers.
Turning to the clerk, Bob Brown, he said:  "As we both seem to have a day off, are you up to a day's fishing?  "Sounds good

to me!" said Bob, "any particular reason why today and not yesterday when we were both at a loose end?"
The judge, now not "your honour or any other title, but just Jo Smith replied that, actually, there was a reason, and he

went on to elaborate.
Last night, I had a vivid dream: so real that I wondered if I was dreaming or was it, actually, happening.
I received a dripping wet email and when I checked the address, I found that it had been sent via a phishphone and the

address of the sender was:
TheLockNessMonsterOrSomethingSimilar at gillmail, and the email itself went:
"Many fishermen, and the occasional woman, have tried to catch me but, as is obvious, all have failed.
It is some time since I have had so much fun, so when you have a free day, how about coming along and giving us both a good

workout;  bring a likeminded friend, if you wish!!!
Both judge and clerk having assumed their everyday personae,  retrieved their fishing gear from their lockers, and hurried

to their bicycles and nimbly: hold the nimbly: and rode off in the direction of the lade:  not Ness:  but who gives a

monkeys!!!
             The end
I know zilch about fishing so I don't intend to spoil a good yarn, and if there are any fisherpersons among my readers, who

have the talent, you are welcome to continue with the dramatic ending which could be how

TheLochNessMonsterOrSomethingSimilar made another escape or met the fate of many of his rellies.

           Jewel

From: Jacobson, Shawn D via Stylist