[Stylist] Attention spans

Vejas Vasiliauskas alpineimagination at gmail.com
Mon Apr 10 06:00:11 UTC 2023

Hi everyone,
Thank you for your book recommendations. I will see if I can download the one book, and hopefully I'll have the attention to span to read it... only joking here.
Right now, unfortunately, I'm not sure how we can lengthen others' attention spans. But I suppose, as individuals, we can try to challenge ourselves by not moving on immediately after it looks boring. No need to force yourself to read the entire thing, but maybe trying a few more sentences of it?
To complicate things further, there's the idea of the differing ways in which the brains of these who are neurodiverse work (I myself am neurodiverse). I could read a long article about a band I enjoy listening to, for example, but feel bored and really have to push myself to read a few paragraphs of a subject I have no interest in. In some ways, I can embrace it by writing flash and short stories.
But then again, I think back to the hard-cover Braille books I would get from the Jernigan Institute when I was younger. These were always random. I had less choice in what  I read back then,  and would probably still have given the book a chance even if it wasn't something I was terribly into.
Who knows!
Vejas