[TAGS] Thermoformed figures in APH 'Tacile Graphics Kit Guidebook'

Donald Winiecki dwiniecki at handid.org
Wed Dec 5 16:26:50 UTC 2018

Apologies for the interruption.

I have acquired a copy of APH's Tactile Graphics Kit (Catalog Number:
1-08851-00).

In a book that is contained in the kit there are many pages that indicate
there should be a thermoform figure inserted in place of a printed paper
page. The copy I have does not contain the thermoformed pages. I have asked
APH and they tell me the actual thermoformed figure pages are no longer
included because the originals are no longer available.

The cover of the book shows a closeup photo of a hand using a spur wheel
tool to create impressions on an aluminum sheet tactile graphic master.
The actual cover is shown below, and/or viewable at the following URL:
https://shop.aph.org/wcsstore/APHConsumerDirect/images/catalog/products_large/7-08851-00_Tactile_Graphics_Guidebook.jpg
[image: image.png]

Does anyone on this list have a copy of this book?

If so -- and I know this is an outrageous request -- is it possible that
high resolution photos of the following thermoformed pages could be sent to
me?

   - Print page 14 : thermoform Figure 1 "Key"
   - Print page 15 : thermoform Figure 1 "Mobility Map"
   - Print page 25 : thermoform Figure 4
   - Print page 65 : thermoform "SAMPLE A (Poor)"
   - Print page 69 : thermoform "SAMPLE A: Good"
   - Print page 71 : thermoform "SAMPLE B: Poor"
   - Print page 76 : thermoform "SAMPLE B: Key Good"
   - Print page 77 : thermoform "SAMPLE B: Part 1 Good"
   - Print page 79 : thermoform "SAMPLE B: Part 2 Good"
   - Print page 81 : thermoform "SAMPLE C: Poor"
   - Print page 83 : thermoform "SAMPLE C: Good"

Best wishes,

_don