[TAGS] Tactile painting- The living room

Donald Winiecki dwiniecki at handid.org
Sat Feb 22 14:36:24 UTC 2020

Aishwarya, this is Amazing!

I might call this "Peaceful passage of time".

The clock, the open bookcase with very big hardcover books, the floor lamp,
and the sleeping puppy all say something about an unrushed and
contemplative existence. I imagine the human occupant of this scene has
just stepped away, leaving *us* to examine these artifacts and contemplate
what has just happened, and perhaps what is about to happen.

I very much admire how you make everything richly tactile! Even what we
might consider to be smooth surfaces have texture -- the bookcase, the
lampshade, the candlestand, and more, all have a luscious undulating
surface! The green wall is the smoothest surface in the art and we might
consider this to be part of an underlying metaphor for the whole painting
-- the undetectable backdrop of time on which everything transpires!

_don