[Tall-Corn] FW: [Nfbnet-members-list] Participants needed for data analysis research at NFB national convention

Michael D. Barber m.barber817 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 19 21:11:00 UTC 2018

The below research participant solicitation is being provided for
informational purposes only. The National Federation of the Blind has no
involvement in this research, but we believe that it may contribute to our
research mission.

Do you work in data all day? Do you dream of spreadsheets and hold a special
place in your heart for Excel? Then the American Institute of Certified
Public Accountants (AICPA) needs your analytical mind at the NFB National
Convention!
The value of data analytics and related concepts has increased within the
accounting profession. Future CPAs need to evolve their skillsets, including
visually-impaired professionals who may have unique needs when performing
data-related tasks.
To better understand the impact this may have on the future of the Uniform
CPA ExaminationR, we will conduct a study that requires a select group of
NFB members who work in financial-related or data-heavy fields. Through
interviews to be held during the NFB Convention, we hope to identify the
unique needs of those who work with data. The information we collect will
determine the best approach for future assessments of data manipulation and
the analysis of large data sets.
If you'd like to share your insights, register by clicking the link below.
Any views shared will be anonymous, and not attributed to any individual. *
Participation requires only an hour of your time July 5th through July 7th
and you will receive a $50 thank you gift card! Participant must be 21 years
of age or older.

Click here to sign-up by June 29th!
<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdv0CkbZMoXYlHzf0alQWkqrA_7RSQVjqv
WqYbFbtpZGxaqCA/viewform?usp=sf_link>
(response form works best with JAWS in Chrome or Firefox)

*Please note that audio recordings will be made of the interviews, and will
be used for the purposes of the research only. They will not be shared
outside of the research team. By agreeing to take part in the interview, you
are agreeing to the audio recording being made. Any views shared will be
anonymous, and not attributable to any individual. Your reply will be
treated in the strictest confidence by AICPA according to the GDPR and the
Data Protection Act 2018.

Lou Ann Blake, J.D.
Deputy Executive Director, Jernigan Institute
200 East Wells Street, Baltimore, MD 21230
(410) 659-9314, extension 2221| lblake at nfb.org