[Tall-Corn] Save the Date - National Federation of the Blind of Iowa state convention

Scott Van Gorp svangorp at nfbi.org
Tue Jul 14 13:14:52 UTC 2020

Good Morning Federation Family:

In the midst of our first ever virtual convention of the National Federation
of the Blind, we are also looking forward to the upcoming state convention
of the National Federation of the Blind of Iowa! The convention is set for
October 30th through November 1, 2020. Currently we are looking to have it
at the Holiday Inn Hotel and Suites Des Moines Northwest in Urbandale, Iowa.
We understand the challenges facing all of us today with the pandemic and
uncertainty of what is to come, but we are going to make it a great
convention regardless of the circumstances!

It is our hope that we will be able to gather in person, but we are also
making contingency plans if that is not practical based on guidance from the
hotel and public health entities. The board will be meeting soon after
national convention to make a decision on our next steps. In the meantime,
if you have any convention program items you'd like considered, please get
those to me as soon as possible! Let's make it one of the best conventions
in the history of the National Federation of the Blind of Iowa!

 <mailto:svangorp at nfbi.org> Email

 <http://www.nfbi.org/> Website

<https://www.facebook.com/National-Federation-Of-the-Blind-Of-Iowa-372681823
082570/posts> Facebook
 <https://twitter.com/nfb_iowa> Twitter
Live the life you want.

The National Federation of the Blind of Iowa is a community of members and
friends who believe in the hopes and dreams of the nation's blind. Every day
we work together to help blind people live the lives they want.