[Tn-talk] a post from a while ago

Dewey Bradley deweybradley at twc.com
Thu Apr 28 00:05:43 UTC 2016

Someone on here posted a month or so ago that they were looking for other
blind people to help with them trying to say that you couldn't take care of
your child, I am curious how you are doing with that?

I'm the guy in Missouri, so I wasn't able to help, I hope it turned out all
right for you!!

Also I want to ask you guys about the job market in Nashville for blind
people, how is it?

I fly there every year for the Grand Ole Opry birthday, I like it out there,
though I always stick to the tourist areas, but I keep up on the news there,
I read the papers on newsline from Nashville and Knoxville, and Chattanooga,
and I listen to 650 AM WSM all the time, so I know it is a high crime city,
and very high cost of living, but I'm looking into if I want to move there
or not, I'm weighing the pros and cons, so far I have more cons than pros.

I do know that the transportation is bad, I ride the MTA when I come in, and
they are the worse transit service that I have seen so far, I took Access
ride 1 time, I was supposed to go to the Opry house, and he dropped me off
at the resort, he was asking me the address, but I couldn't understand his
English, and they didn't show up for me that night, so I know this about the
transit, that is a con.

And I'm trying to find out what kind of assistance the state has for us,
here in Missouri, we have what is called blind pension, it is part of the
property tax people pay, it is $718 we get on the 10th of the month, and
that comes with the MO health net, the name Missouri has for medicate, they
do allot for us here, so if I move out there, I would do so on a good chance
that I could find a good paying job, or what is the point.

I know that companies are moving there, but out in the other towns, not many
that I know of are moving inside Nashville for whatever reason, high rent or
whatever, so that is a problem, and I don't know how employers are about
hiring blind people, they are good about that in Denver, but not good in the
town where I'm from.

People are really nice there, but the question would they hire a blind
person.

So any info would help, the job market, and what services the state has for
us until I find one, I did hear that the Ten care sucks.

Thanks for any info, and again, to the person with the struggle with the
child, I do want to know about that!

I don't have any myself, so I'm not much help with it.