[Tn-talk] Me too Re: some questions about East TN

Dewey Bradley sunshinerdewey at gmail.com
Sun Oct 1 22:01:42 UTC 2017

I know that Knoxville has a fixed route system, and they also have the
required paratransit, it is called Lift, or the lift, something like that,
the transit company is KAT, Knoxville area transit.
They have 20 bus routes if I remember, I can go back and check it again, and
they have 3 free trolley lines, and the Lift paratransit, they don't go
outside the city.
I found a service for the entire East TN, it is for going to the doctor and
things, I don't think it runs all the time, but if you don't get out allot
it might work, it is ran through the TDOT, the Tennessee department of
transportation.
Like every other state most of the transit money goes to the big cities,
that is Nashville and Memphis .
The people that live in the Knoxville area tell me it is what Nashville was
20 and 30 years ago.
I didn't look at Chattanooga area as I don't know anyone down that far, but
I have been told that it is also nice, they have a real small airport, you
have to go outside to get on the small plains, the building is real small,
you get off the plain and get your bags right there as they pull it out, and
you are out in 5 minutes.
Merryville is a neat little town, I don't know about transportation in it
though, I think Knoxville is the largest town in the area, it has about
159000 people.
It doesn't look like anyone is on here so far though, good luck to you
anyway!
I have to really think about this and get all the information I can as
Missouri does so much for blind people, but you have to go where your heart
is, mine is on a farm about 7 miles outside Madisonville, a little hillbilly
singer named EmiSunshine stole it.