[Trainer-talk] totally blind trainer, training to use ZoomText

Peg Jolene peggyj18 at sbcglobal.net
Fri Dec 12 16:06:56 UTC 2008

Hello Listers:

ZoomText Magnifier  Screen Reader is extremely well done. I have
successfully trained others on it. In many instances, I have used the
speech features where neither JAWS or Window-Eyes did  not work. IN my
IT work, I have found this to be quite  useful. Using the visual
features of ZoomText has more to do with understanding the functional
aspects of vision. Most of the tasks can be accomplished with the
keyboard, though there are visual toolbars and buttons when using the
mouse. The various reading aplications and WebFinder options work
well. My experience is that the screen reader portion of ZoomText is
more on the level of System Access or the Mac's VoiceOver, rather than
JAWS or Window-Eyes. Hope this helps.

PJ