[Trainer-talk] what computer books would you buy if they existed?

Dean Martineau dean at topdotenterprises.com
Thu Dec 30 16:33:48 UTC 2010

good morning. Most of you are probably familiar with National Braille Press.
They produce affordable braille books, both paper and electronic. The book
on the iPhone which I co-authored with Anna Dresner will be coming out
sometime in the next month, for instance. The electronic versions are
increasingly available as DAISY, and are also available as plain text, so
braille knowledge isn't necessary to benefit from them.

As I write their books nowadays, I am unofficially asking what kinds of
computer books you would like to see, and        would buy. We are working
on Office 2010 Reference cards now. What else would you like to see? What
would most help the people you work with?

Let me stress that this is my own information-gathering initiative. Any
information i get will be looked at, but I am asking, not NBP. NBP charges
as little as they can for books, but they have to have some notion that a
book will sell "so copies, enough to make it not too much of a losing
proposition, before they write it.

It is probably best that you reply to me individually about this as it isn't
really a matter of discussion. I can send a summary of responses if I get
some.

Thanks for thinking about it.

Dean