[Trainer-talk] WordPerfect X3

David Goldfield disciple1211 at verizon.net
Wed May 26 19:08:40 UTC 2010

Hi, Jan.

This is what I call a Cathy Ann Murtha question.  She probably knows the
answer to this one, and if she doesn't then the hotkey probably doesn't
exist. <grin>

I am not an X3 user and so I have no business tackling this, but I
thought I'd give this a shot.  MS Word seems to use alt-zero to navigate
to the file list when you're in the Open dialog.  Try alt-zero, just for
kicks.  If that doesn't work see if one of the nearby buttons or
controls has a hotkey.  In other words, let's say there is no hotkey to
go to the file list but alt-N works for the File name edit box.  You
could teach your student, if you press this or that hotkey then you only
need to tab oncr or whatever the number of tabs happens to be.  Of
course, in the old days we could just press shift-tab from the open
dialog box and this would usually take us to the file list, but as you
indicated this is becoming less of the norm now.  As I said, try alt-zero.

David