[Trainer-talk] What's different about Google and JAWS?

Jim jp100 at earthlink.net
Tue Jul 5 06:58:44 UTC 2011

Hi guys,

I'm wondering if it is I who sees a difference in Google, or if something
really happened that is different when I use it with JAWS.

For instance, whenever I do a search, I'm used to there being some sort of
little summary blurb under the link to enter for the search.  That doesn't
happen any more.  Instead, I get two buttons.  One says "Recommend this
page" and the other just says "Unlabeled 2" button.  I hit the down arrow
once more and it just gives the URL.

There's no longer any summary, and I sometimes don't know if that's really
what I want to hit enter on.

Does this have to do anything with that Google Instant, because I always get
a message that lets screen reader users know that they need to hit enter to
turn it off.  I do that.

Anyway, if anyone has any answers, let me know.

Jim