[Trainer-talk] Teaching students with limited English Skills

Terrence Vanettinger Tvanettinger at alaskabvi.org
Mon Jul 18 22:20:30 UTC 2011

Hello, everyone,
            I am working with a student who has very limited command of the English language.  She does not speak up any more than necessary, and it is often difficult to determine how much of what I say she is actually able to understand.  I am trying to start with the basics of typing, but feel I am hitting a barrier when trying to explain finger positions to her.  Does anyone have any ideas on what might work well when working with such situations?

Thanks,
Terrence

Terrence van Ettinger, Braille and Assistive Technology Instructor
Equipping Alaskans for success
Alaska Center for the Blind and Visually Impaired
3903 Taft Drive
Anchorage, Alaska  99517-3069
907.771.7303fax 907.248.7517
www.alaskabvi.org<http://www.alaskabvi.org/>           www.twitter.com/alaskabvi<http://www.twitter.com/alaskabvi>

Please consider supporting our mission when you fill out your 2011 PFD application.
www.pickclickgive.org<http://www.pickclickgive.org/>

The Center is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization. Call or visit our website to learn more about how our work transforms lives.
This message contains information that may be confidential or privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, copying or distribution of any of its contents is prohibited. If you have received this message in error, kindly contact the sender.