[Trainer-Talk] Windows 8.1 mail app question

Reginald George adapt at kc.rr.com
Sat Dec 19 21:39:54 UTC 2015

I would remove the app if possible.

-----Original Message-----
From: Jim Portillo via Trainer-Talk
Sent: Saturday, December 19, 2015 11:00 AM
To: 'NFB in Computer Science Mailing List' ; Trainer-talk at nfbnet.org ;
'Blind Talk Mailing List'
Cc: Jim Portillo
Subject: [Trainer-Talk] Windows 8.1 mail app question

Has anyone on this list used the Windows 8.1 windows mail app?  I find it
very JAWS unfriendly and don't use it.  However, I'm helping someone with a
tablet to install a different email program and to remove an email account
from the Windows 8.1 mail app and can't really seem to navigate it well.  I
can tab around it but the Alt key doesn't seem to work for menus, and I need
to get to the settings area to remove the account, as the app won't be used.

Another solution would be to remove the app itself, but I don't know if that
would be a good idea.

Any thoughts on this?

Jim