[Trainer-Talk] Seeking Helpful Resources

Stephen Guerra guerra.stephen.mn at gmail.com
Tue Dec 29 13:34:43 UTC 2015

Anita-

Can you contact me off list at gaccesstt at gmail.com

Stephen guerra

-----Original Message-----
From: Trainer-Talk [mailto:trainer-talk-bounces at nfbnet.org] On Behalf Of
Anita Ogletree via Trainer-Talk
Sent: Tuesday, December 29, 2015 1:25 AM
To: trainer-talk at nfbnet.org
Cc: Anita Ogletree <aogletree2015 at gmail.com>
Subject: [Trainer-Talk] Seeking Helpful Resources

Happy Holidays.

My name is Anita and I am seeking some assistance.

Currently I am in the midst of learning how to use the Mac. I thought it
would be easy to do since I had very little trouble converting from basic
mobile phones to an iPhone. VoiceOver made my life so much better in that
aspect but the adjustment from a Window's environment with screen reading
software to VoiceOver on the Mac has been challenging.

The plan is to eventually be able to contract with an ATS company trainer
others to desiring to learn. I did have several hours with an individual who
works with VR clients but I feel that I will need more in order to be
successful as a trainer.

I am hoping there are other tools for learning how to use the Mac and
VoiceOver that gives more of a step-by-step guide or that will walk me
through learning the keystrokes and commands. For instance, I usually read
through the User's manual for a notetaker that I am interesting in learning
to use and it is a reference I can look back at for something I may need
later on. I hate tried to find something that will orient me to the
MacBookPro that I have but the information is mor-or-less a general overview
of how things should work. I get the basic concept but when it comes to
being able to apply the procedures, I get turned around or stuck and not
sure how to resolve the problems I find myself in.

I don't want to drag this on too much longer causing anyone to regret
opening my message so I am humbly asking for any help that someone can share
with me to get me from A to B.

Thank you in advance for any assistance anyone can pass along.

Warmest regards,

Anita