[Trainer-talk] Recipe sites that are easy to navigate

Julie A Adkins assistivetechtrainer at gmail.com
Tue Jan 13 14:43:19 UTC 2015

By draws do you means jaws? If so...

On a PC, install Readability in your browser (either internet explorer or Firefox). It is at readability.com and works differently for each browser. It will strip out all graphics, links, etc. and isolate just the text, all in one column. Screen reader users typically have to access it through Favorites, which seems to me is easier to do internet explorer than in Firefox. (If I recall correctly, you can't get it to be a bookmark in Firefox, only an icon on the bookmark bar, and I couldn't ever get there quickly with the keyboard). The one you want (of the choices they offer) is called Read Now. This works like the Safari Reader for those of you who are familiar with it.

And if you own several different devices, the Read Later choice keeps your place and lets you pick up where you left off on another device (iPhone, PC, whatever). Really nice.

Julie Adkins
Assistive Technology Trainer
Certified Vision Rehabilitation Therapist
704-516-6617