[Trainer-Talk] Learning Ally Link

Deborah Armstrong armstrongdeborah at fhda.edu
Thu Dec 1 19:54:59 UTC 2016

Access it yes. Use it not so much. I agree with you there.

I never said highly usable. But it's usable enough for me to train someone and that's all that really matters since our college does loan daisy players to students who need them. Most of my Link users want to read on the Mac. And they have some vision and depend on it. Or they have learning or physical limitations.

It is really funny how accessibility is different in different situations. If I can find everything in a software package but I can't use it conveniently, is it accessible? I guess not, but that's often difficult to convince others, so I tend to only argue about access when software is completely unusable. I do wish people did not treat accessibility as such a binary thing!