[Trainer-Talk] Accessibility of Online Blogging Sites question

Tech Center newvisiontechcenter at gmail.com
Tue Dec 20 18:05:37 UTC 2016

Dear Humberto,
I think there's a lot of sites using WordPress. Blind Bargains, I think
AT Guys, SeroTek, SeroTek satlitte sites like tripleclick home, their
android show site, our company site is Wordpress.... I'd be suprised if
most of the non-proifts for the blind aren't running wordpress as a
content management system. I bet part of AppleVis is wordpress for that
matter or wouldn't be surpised if it was. From past lookups some
WordPress themes, which create the look and feel of the site, are
accessible and some aren't but there are several that are documented as
such. I manage our wordpress for our company and there's very  little
weird AJAX or any hot refreshable components on the back end that I
think would bother a screen-reader user. And as I mentioned those sites
above are primarily managed and ran by Blind folks. I'd be inclined to
say blogger would work as well, Google's been making pretty big strides
in the accessibility... but like you said I don't know. If he or she
want's something turn key then blogger or using the actual wordpress.com
hosting might be easiest.
-David

--

David Ward
Assistive Technology Instructor at New Vision