[Trainer-Talk] Notetaker questions

Tech Center newvisiontechcenter at gmail.com
Thu Dec 22 20:19:23 UTC 2016

Sarah,
Here's a thought, what about a Smart Beetle Bluetooth 14 Cell Portable
display with Braille Cording keyboard.
If price is an issue its about $1300 bucks. It can be paired to multiple
devices at the same time. And that 40 Cell unit you had just isn't, I
imagine designed for portability.

Here's a link.
https://hims-inc.com/products/smart-beetle/

Voice Recorder is Built in to your iPhone. And You don't have to worry
about opening Microsoft Files because as long as your on a Windows Box,
Mac, or iOS you've got tools right from Microsoft; not some hob gobblen
created by who knows who.

Lastly if you have a Tech Act Project in your state you might be able to
get loner devices to try out and see if they work for you. See link
below to find one in your state.
http://www.resnaprojects.org/

In Indiana the inDATA Project has such a program.
Hope I don't come out sounding harsh or overly direct. Truly to each his
own; an some folks out there really have a need for a notetaker device.
But I know several TVI's who hate them and as a technologist, I can't
see many of them hanging on for much longer, there just too expensive in
the face of Android and iPhone solutions. Maybe that new Braille
Technology that's in the works will bring them down in cost.
Anywho hope that helps.
-David