[Trainer-Talk] Best braille display

Barbara Johnson xchange45 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 5 20:28:45 UTC 2016

I just purchased the BrailleEdge 40 by HIMS.  In USB Mode, it is not fully
compatible with JAWS unless you start the computer, exit JAWS, and then
restart JAWS.  You must also turn off the computer's sleep function, or you
will have to restart the computer to get the braille display to load.  I
haven't had it long enough to know how the blue tooth works with JAWS.  HIMS
says that they are working with Freedom Scientific to iron out these issues.
Of course, Freedom Scientific prefers people to buy their stuff.