[Trainer-Talk] Teaching curriculum questions/intro

Scott Davert scott.davert at hknc.org
Mon Jul 25 17:17:30 UTC 2016

Hi Greg.
I find that they are a bit pricey, but if you really need to get going on a particular program, they may be your best bet. There are plenty of resources out there for free, but they're kind of scattered all over the place. I like that the books are in audio, video, and textual form, so you can have a searchable document if you are trying to look up something quite quickly, but if you happen to be someone who learns best via audio,  you have that option as well. I've used the Windows 7 textbook, and also the ZT textbook, and found both helpful. However, you will not here the screen reader on the audio files, it's essentially just a narration of the text document.

Hope this is helpful,
Scott

Scott Davert, MA, VRT
Program Coordinator, New York Deaf-Blind Equipment Distribution Program
Helen Keller National Center for Deaf-Blind Youths and Adults (HKNC)
141 Middle Neck Rd.
Sands Point, NY 11050
scott.davert at hknc.org
516-393-7561 (Voice)
http://www.icanconnect.org/new-york :: HKNC: http://www.hknc.org

DATA PRIVACY AND SECURITY NOTICE: This e-mail message and any attached files are confidential and are intended solely for the use of the addressee(s) named above. The materials in this email also may contain protected health information or other information subject to protections under federal and state law, as well as physician-patient, attorney-client work product, or other privileges. If you are not an intended recipient or the authorized agent of an intended recipient, be advised that any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, printing, copying or the taking of any action with respect to the contents of this information is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please immediately notify the sender and delete it from your system. Thank you.