[Trainer-Talk] Equipment for call center set up

Greg Aikens gaikens at cviga.org
Thu Jul 27 13:44:12 UTC 2017

Hi all,
I have a client who worked in a call center prior to vision loss and she is preparing to return to work. I'm writing a letter to her employer recommending what technology she needs in the workplace. We have a Plantronics Dual Channel headset with a booster for the phone from a call center project we operated several years ago and she liked this set up.

Can anyone recommend a specific headset? I assume there are more updated versions of what we purchased back in 2011 but preliminary Google searches have left me more confused. I also assume that which headset she needs will depend on her specific phone set up at work. What info do I need to get to make a recommendation?

Thanks for any assistance or recommendations.

Best,
Greg

Greg Aikens
Senior Assistive Technology Instructor